Head of Data Governance - Bernards (Westwood)
Compensation: $105,750.00 - $163,220.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a 'Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology,' Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Head of Data Governance (DG) will lead the Data Governance framework governing the interrelated capabilities of People, Data Standards, Processes, Data Quality and Enabling Technologies, and establish a Data Governance program and competency by providing leadership, management, coaching and vision necessary to ensure that Daiichi Sankyo has an effective Data Governance practice. It will provide subject-matter expertise in the management of risk associated with data mis-use, adulteration, and loss. This role will rely on emerging data management skills, including data quality, metadata management, data change management and data sourcing. This role leads an emerging data governance team that is responsible for access/use/control of organizational data in compliance with established data governance processes.
This person will define strategies to develop and deliver solutions and processes for supporting business ownership and data stewardship of critical corporate data assets. They will communicate the concepts and criticality of business data ownership to Executive Sponsors, including R&D Functional Heads, Senior IT & corporate business executives.
- Develop & implement Data Governance framework & methodologies including strategy, approach, timelines, objectives & success criterias. Communicate information governance policies and their importance / relevance to key constituents, information stewards, system owners, stakeholders and data consumers.
- Assess current state of data fidelity, data security, privacy and data retention within the enterprise. Build AS IS and TO BE data governance state. Build and Execute plan to enforce data governance framework.
- Chairs a Data Governance governing body/council comprised of data owners, data stewards, and data architects to drive operational efficiency and manage data during its entire lifecycle, ensure target goals for data fidelity improvement and adherence with all types of data governance policies are met within proposed timelines.
- Reports to Executive Sponsors all performance and issue-related items.
- Lead and mentor the Data Governance matrix team members (data owners, data stewards, data managers, data architects, data consumers, etc.) globally. Ensure DG team members are trained on DG methodologies, frameworks, technologies and processes.
- Collaborates with domain experts in privacy, security, and compliance to ensure that the data platforms uphold privacy, security, and compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with IT and Data Architects in providing requirements for enabling technologies to support data governance processes, data standards and mastering, data quality and data management.
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree required in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- 12 + years of experience (w/BS) or 10+ (w/MS) in life sciences, pharma or informatics industry working with Clinical Trials, Genomics / Bio Markers, Discovery, Real World data etc.
- 5+ years as Data Governance Lead role in a formal Data Governance program.
- 5 + years hands on experience with contemporary data governance platforms/technologies like Collibra, Informatica DG, Alation, Erwin DG, DATUM, Infogix etc.
- 5 + years of experience with Data Quality, Master Data Management, Reference Data Management, Data Retention & Archival, Data Access Control & Data Security software.
- Familiarity with and understanding of key industry best practices as well as legislative, regulatory and industry artifacts/frameworks such as the following is preferred:
- 21 CRF 11: Electronic Records, Electronic Signatures
- 21 CFR 312.32: IND Safety Reports.
- FDA Guidance for Clinical Investigators, Sponsors, and IRBs - Adverse Event Reporting to IRBs - Improving Human Subject Protection (January 2009)
- FDA Guidance for Industry and Investigators - Safety-Reporting Requirements for INDs and BA/BE Studies (December 2012)
- Japan Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare artifacts
- Security and protection of organizational data assets
- Access Control leveraging administrative controls of data access rights for cross-functional users
- Data Enrichment services, including data standardization, natural language processing
- Data Quality operations that standardize data definitions, implements quality rules, and aligns with quality management system
- Understanding of principles, practices, theories, and/or methodologies associated with the professional disciplines, as outlined in Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK2)
- Strategic leadership and proven ability to influence in a global and highly matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to bring together and work with a team of people with varied backgrounds - business analysts, technical experts, process owners - to articulate Technological solutions
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise for program and projects
- Remain current on new and emerging technologies.
- Participate in strategic planning and tactical decision-making
- Assist with specification and acquisition of technology systems, services, hardware and software
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Head of Data Governance
R&D Affairs Executive
Associated topics: data architect, data engineer, data integrity, data manager, database, etl, erp, mongo database, mongo database administrator, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...