Senior Associate, Library Technologist - Bernards (Westwood)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Post Secondary
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
Supports the Daiichi Sankyo U.S. and EU locations by providing technical support for information resources and advancing the library and competitive intelligence teams capability to deliver services. Primary technical liaison for data, information, and knowledge resources.
- Ensure flawless end-user experience with library resources, such as databases, journals, article-supply, internal documents, external reports, etc.
- Development and manage global document repositories, including appropriate access and copyright management.
- Develop and curate portal Taxonomy, manage and advance the library's SharePoint / portal to keep content fresh, accessible, and easy to find.
- Develop and maintain mobile access to information resources, including iOS and Android Apps; support the teams on data visualization of research results and reports.
- Serve as Level 3 IT support to troubleshoot and repair access issues; work closely with IT to drive increased efficiencies, ensure security and support global access to information resources.
- Work with the Content Portfolio Senior Associate to provide training to employees to maximize the library's ROI.
- Ability to participate in early morning or late evening teleconferences with international colleagues
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or comparable experience required
- Master's Degree in Library / Information Science or Information Technology preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a corporate setting required
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience working in or with a library preferred
- Experience in working in a multicultural, multidisciplinary global environment
- Excellent IT skills and experience as it applies to libraries
- Strong experience with taxonomy and data visualization
- Strong experience developing/managing mobile apps, authentication, networks
- Strong Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with a literature repository platform, such as Quosa
- Experience with a bibliographic tools, such as EndNote
- Working knowledge of U.S. and International copyright laws and rights management
- Self-driven, with demonstrated leadership in the support of projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong technology experience with WebEx, GoToMeeting, and Tableau, R, BizInt
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Senior Associate, Library Technologist
Associated topics: air conditioning, auto, car repair, helicopter, maintenance, nursing, programming, trade school, weld, veterinary
Loading some great jobs for you...