Compensation: $162,550.00 - $162,550.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
The Information Security Specialist provides security assessments for FRB clients.
The Information Security Specialist will be responsible for conducting routine vulnerability, security configuration, and/or penetration testing assessments, and manage the resulting findings. In addition, this individual will monitor networks, systems, and applications for complex suspicious behavior (includes Insider Threat), attacks, and security breaches. They may also schedule and visit FRB clients and business managers to perform desktop and/or laptop security assessments. The Information Security Specialist will perform a security assessment of the target computing system and provide immediate feedback to the business manager or client with recommendations, if any, for improving the security posture of the target computing environment.
The position will work closely with Internet Services, Relationship Management, Preferred Banking, and First Republic clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides desktop and laptop security assessment by: Scheduling through the appropriate channels user desktop / laptop security assessment. Manages schedule and must be punctual to ensure that users receive the assessment in a timely manner. Reviewing OS level security settings (e.g. firewall settings, antivirus settings, patch and OS update settings) Reviewing application security settings (e.g. Browser based security settings, e-mail client settings)
- Reviewing network security settings (e.g. wireless network configuration).
- Provides security awareness / best practices training to sales force, preferred bankers, relationship managers, and clients: Provides instruction on desktop / laptop best practices (e.g. keeping patches current, running regular antivirus checks, setting up system restore points). Advises end users on current security incident trends and effective methods of counteracting (e.g. phishing attempts, untrusted web sites).
- Provides documentation of security assessment engagement: Prioritizes and documents findings and recommended changes. Continually researches and recommends best security practices for end user / desktop interaction. Follows up with user to ensure that service was satisfactory (documents survey results to be used for metrics to assess the effectiveness of the assessment).
- Updates the assessment as required. Stays current on malware trends, especially in the financial industry and adjusts the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends. Stays current on wireless network technologies and encryption methodologies. Continually reviews latest hacking techniques and adjusts the assessment accordingly to reflect the latest trends.
- Assists in marketing of the security assessment program. Makes recommendations to modify advertisement based upon updates to the security assessment. Works with internal groups to develop marketing strategies.
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Provides extraordinary service.
- Furthers the First Republic Bank culture and values.
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
- Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person
Associated topics: bank, finance, financial advisor, investment, investment analyst, merchant service, merchant service solution, payment, personal banker, stock broker
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...