Job Title: Laboratory Scientist Shift: Other (08:30 AM - 05:00 PM) Duration: 12 Months QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate must meet Vaccine Research Medical Surveillance requirements or sign waiver. Bachelor's degree and 2+ years lab animal experience, or M.S. in immunology or related field and 1+ years of relevant laboratory experience preferred. Comfortable handling a variety of common laboratory animals. Ability to work semi-independently, adept at using personal computers – including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and other relevant scientific software, motivated, flexible and willing to learn new skill sets. Will need to provide documentation of current negative TB test, documentation of MMR vaccination or positive MMR titers, and documentation of respirator fit testing. Job Description:
• Laboratory scientist with experience in use of laboratory animals. Individual should have high technical competence in handling lab animals.
• The incumbent will be required to work closely with team members to support in vivo and in vitro studies, as well as take a hands on role to support laboratory activities. Role Responsibilities:
• Carry out animal procedures associated with study of infectious disease
• Document all work in electronic notebook as required.
• Support colleagues in the laboratory by performing routine laboratory duties that can include preparation of media, stocking of reagents, ordering supplies. Work efficiently as part of a team in a matrixed environment.
• Prefer proficiency in proper handling of bacterial isolates and clinical samples; familiarity with safety practices for working in the laboratory.
• Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance regulatory agency requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• NHP cells or tissues
• Strep Pneumoniae
• Unscreened blood, human tissue or human cell lines
• Will overtime be needed?: Yes
• If Yes, how many hours of overtime (on average) per week?: 2 hrs. per week
• Will you consider Veteran candidates?: Yes
• What is the minimum education experience required?: Bachelor's degree + 2yrs lab animal exp.
• MS in immunology or related field +1 yr relevant lab exp.
PandoLogic. Category: Science, Keywords: Laboratory Scientist