Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH.
Build the skills, knowledge and competencies necessary to take on a frontline leadership role in TNJ operations.
Roles and Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Learn how to operate within TNJ's safety culture and how to manage with safety as a value. * Learn the operations from a ground level, hands on perspective. Learn to execute many of the jobs necessary in production operations. * Learn all the aspects related to local, state, and federal compliance within operations. * Learn basic supervisory skills necessary to take on leadership role. * Get basic accounting understanding of controls related to operations management. * Learning on the Fly - Relentless and versatile learner that is open to change and enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything. * Technical Learning - Picks up on technical things quickly and can learn new skills. * Safety, Integrity, Quality - formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of OMG and * Tilcon's core values. * Complete all daily reporting necessary to the assigned operations. * Ensure compliance with all Local, State, and Federal regulations and permits. * Communicate events that negatively impact the performance of the operation (all aspects) to the Plant Manager in a timely manner. * Maintains professional demeanor in dealing with critical/confidential information; restricts discussion/knowledge of activity to a \"need to know\" basis. * Regular and timely attendance is required. * Overtime and weekend work required as necessary to meet company goals. * Additional duties as assigned or required.
Marginal Duties and Functions
* Performs required clerical functions, including; employee payroll, safety and environmental records, operations data, inventory reports, production reports, safety talk documentation, creates work requests, etc. * Fill in for other plant supervisors in their absence. * Attend after-hours company functions - including but not limited to Customer Appreciation Event.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Required * High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with 3 years+ of practical work experience.
* Preferred * Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.E.) from a four-year college or university, Engineering preferred. * At least 3 years' experience in an operations leadership role. * Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the preferred knowledge, skills and abilities. * High level of proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Strict adherence to safety requirements and company procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook. * Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required. * Must be willing to work nights and weekends when required. * Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, Dust masks & Hearing Protection.
* Working knowledge of English and Math, office practices and procedures. * Ability to maintain records and files. * Ability to communicate effectively and work well with other personnel. * Ability to carry out complex oral and written instructions and deal with complex problems. * Ability to deal effectively with questions or problems, seeking assistance from internal and external sources when needed. * Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature. * Perform with frequent interruptions and/or distractions. * Make appropriate job decisions following standard policies and past precedents. * Recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate and timely actions * Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate. * Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard, seizes opportunities, and is full of energy. * Listening - Practices attentive and active listening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. * The employee is required to sit, walk and stand for periods of time. * The employee is required to use a computer for extended periods of time. * Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus.
Range of Motion
* Occasionally * Bend * Kneel * Squat * Climb * Stand
* Frequently * Walk * Sit * Reach * Drive
* Continuous * Fine Motor * Repetitive Motion * Right * Left
This position requires an employee to lift:
* Occasionally * 25-50lbs
* Frequently * 0-10lbs * 10-25lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* This job will require both office work and field work. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. * The noise level in the work environment in the office is usually quiet. * Occasionally * Hot Weather * Cold Weather * Wet Weather * Exposed to noise * Exposed to high heat * Moving equipment
* Continuous * Working with others
* Safety, Integrity, Quality -Formally and visibly demonstrate support and understanding of CRH and Tilcon's core values. * Attracts Top Talent -Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs. * Collaborates -Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. * Develops Talent -Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals. * Drives Results -Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances. * Cultivates Innovation -Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. * Action Oriented -Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. * Manages Complexity -Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. * Customer Focus -Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. * Resourcefulness -Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently. * Tech Savvy -Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion * Highly competitive base pay * Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs * Group retirement savings program * Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Associated topics: administrator, construction, consultant, custom, director, gcc, manager, project, public, public works
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.